Please read these tips to ensure you get the most out of your soy candle & do so safely. Your wellbeing is important to us.
Upon first use, burn your candle until the entire surface has turned into a wax pool. This initial step will help create a more consistent and even burn and prolong the life of your candle. (Less time is needed for smaller travel tins).
Never leave a candle burning unattended. Do not fall asleep with a candle burning. Be mindful when enjoying your candle. Stay safe!
Trim wick to 1/8” before each lighting. This will give your candle a brighter, cleaner burn. Leaving your wick untrimmed and laden, with leftover carbon, leads to a duller light that's more likely to produce smoke.
Burn for no more than 3-4 hours at a time; less time for smaller candles. Tealights 30-60 minutes.
Always burn candles within sight. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire such as furniture, drapes, books, paper, flammable materials, etc.
Extinguish flame(s) when leaving a room or before going to sleep and always be sure the wick ember is no longer glowing.
Always choose to enjoy candles in an area away from drafts, open-air vents, or ceiling fans. This will help avoid rapid burning and prevent flare-ups. Keeping your candle near open windows, fans, AC units, or even highly trafficked areas in your home could disturb the flame, causing it to create black smoke stains or soot buildup on your candle jar.
Always burn your candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This can help prevent heat damage, and staining, to an underlying surface.
Keep candle wax pool free from wick trimmings and other debris at all times.
If your candle smokes repeatedly, flickers, or creates a high flame it isn’t burning properly. Extinguish the candle, allow it to cool, align and trim the wick, then check for drafts before relighting.
Never burn a candle all the way to the bottom of the container/vessel. It is recommended to stop burning your candle when there is 1/2” of wax remaining. Burning a candle too low may cause the container/vessel to break, the wick to slide, and other unwanted scenarios. Time to say goodbye and light a new candle.
Extinguish the candle carefully, allow it to cool completely before touching or moving.
Using a candle snuffer is recommended to extinguish a candle. Never use water as it can cause the wax to splatter or glass to break.
Remember to keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
Always read and follow the manufacturer’s use and safety instructions carefully.
Our crystal & herb-infused candles are intended to be décor candles. These candles, if burned, need to be carefully supervised. The dried pressed flowers, and herbs, can be flammable; this can cause a safety concern. If lit, do not leave unattended, keep the areas near the wicks cleared of any debris, and do not burn for long periods of time.
For more Candle Safety Rules please visit the NCA’s Candle Safety Page at: https://candles.org/fire-safety-candles/
Holly's Hand Poured Hobbies LLC assumes no responsibility for any damage that may occur due to misuse of candles, and neglectful candle burning. A warning sticker, and a candle care card, are mailed with each candle. Please read these before lighting your candle. We want you to stay safe & healthy when enjoying our candles.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device